Chapter I : Arjuna Vishada Yoga

THE DESPONDENCY OF ARJUNA

This is the Yoga of the despondency of Arjuna.

Arjuna saw all his kinsmen, sons, brothers-in-law, cousins, teachers (Bhishma, Drona and others) standing arrayed in battle and said to Lord Krishna,

My limbs fail and my mouth is parched, my body quivers and my hairs stand on end; Gandiva slips from my hand. I do not wish to kill them even for the sake of the Kingship of the three worlds. It is a great sin to kill my teachers and relatives. If I kill them, family traditions will perish. There will be lawlessness. Women will become corrupt. There will be caste-confusion. The slayer of the families will go to hell for, their ancestors will fall, deprived of rice-balls and oblations. Caste-customs and family-customs will vanish..
Arjuna was overwhelmed with grief. He threw away his bow and arrows and sank down on the seat of the chariot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright way2almighty. Powered by Blogger.